Monday, April 21, 2014

Monday, Wednesday, Friday

My goal is to go to 9Round on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. I went today and I'm exhausted.

I cannot express to you how tired I am.

I do okay up until about Round 6, and then I feel like quitting. I start getting dizzy and feeling like puking. I haven't quit yet but MAN I sure want to. Then I start thinking "I hate this. I just HATE this." What I really mean is that I hate feeling weak. I hate feeling like I can't do it. I hate it that I have let myself get to this point, where I am so out of shape that I can't even do 3 minutes of jump rope without quitting. It is what it is, and I can't undo my eating and lazy behavior.

But I am THREE days stronger! Keep on keepin' on!

On the menu for breakfast & lunches this week:

Yogurt Fruit Salad (x5 days)- I make these in advance so the fruit juice combines with the yogurt. It is SO good, and I love it WAY more than chemically laden, processed cereals! This week I did sliced strawberries, diced apple, diced pear, 1/4 cup of PLAIN yogurt, 1 Tbsp slivered almonds, and 1 Tbsp of local honey. Protein: 4g for 1/2C fruit and 1/4C yogurt with 1Tbsp almonds.

Mason Jar Salad (x2 days)- spring greens, cucumbers, tomatoes, light italian dressing, and 1 tbsp of sunflower seeds. Protein: 3g

Corn Salsa Lettuce Wraps (x3 days)- roasted corn, diced avocado, diced tomatoes, diced onion, and chopped serrano pepper in bibb lettuce leaves. Protein: 1/2 cup corn salsa is 2g

Snacks-
banana- protein 1g
almonds- 100 calorie pack, protein 3g or 4g, depending on flavor
pickle spears- protein <1g

I'm trying to be equally "good" on my dinners. Last night, I had the roasted corn salsa (see above) in corn tortilla cups. I smooshed the taco sized, soft corn tortillas into muffin tins and baked in the oven until crunchy. That made them like tiny taco salad shells, minus the deep fry grease. Each corn tortilla was 1g of protein and I used the 1/2C serving of the corn salsa. I had three tortillas, so the total for dinner was 5g of protein.

I'm not sure what tonight holds, because I feel like puking just thinking about food right at the moment. I have a leftover half of a grilled portabello mushroom, so maybe that with some veggies or a baked potato. I'm craving potatoes in a major way. I normally would eat white potatoes almost daily, so I guess it will take time for that craving to go away.

Three days stronger. :)





No comments:

Post a Comment